- Ph.D. (2008): Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay, India (In association with University of Heidelberg as DAAD exchange research fellow): Structural Geology
- M.Sc. (2004): Jadavpur University, Kolkata , India: Applied Geology
- B.Sc. (2002): Jadavpur University, Kolkata , India: Geology (Hons), Mathematics, Physics
- Assistant Professor , IISER Bhopal, Aug 2016-Present
- Structural Geologist/ Pore Pressure Specialist, Shell Netherlands, Sept 2013- July 2016
- Structural Geologist, Shell India Markets Pvt Ltd , Mar 2011-Aug 2013
- Seismic Interpreter, Shell UK, Limited, Aug 2010- Feb 2011
- Structural Geologist, Shell India Markets Pvt Ltd , Sept 2008-Aug 2010 (with short term international assignment to Rijswijk, The Netherlands)
- Application of Structural Geology and Geomechanics in oil and gas exploration and production.
- Electro Magnetic Radiation (EMR) technique for stress measurement.
- Application of Anisotropy of magnetic susceptibility (AMS) in Structural Geology.
- Analogue Modelling and its applications in Structural Geology.
- Magnetic fabric variations along the fault related anticlines of Eastern Kachchh, Western India Tectonophysics, Volume 473, Issues 3- 4, 3 August 2009, Pages 428-445 Jyotirmoy Mallik, George Mathew, R.O. Greiling
- Determination of directions of horizontal principal stress and identification of active faults in Kachchh (India) by electromagnetic radiation (EMR), Journal of Geodynamics, Volume 4 Issues 4-5, May 2008, Pages 234-245 Jyotirmoy Mallik, George Mathew, Thomas Angerer, Reinhard O. Greiling
- Structure and emplacement of the Nandurbar- Dhule mafic dyke swarm, Deccan Traps, and the tectonomagmatic evolution of flood basalts R Ray, HC Sheth, J Mallik - Bulletin of Volcanology, 2007
- Highly heterogeneous Precambrian basement under the central Deccan Traps, India: Direct evidence from xenoliths in dykes Gondwana Research, Volume 13, Issue 3, Apr 2008, Pages 375-385 Ranjini Ray, Anil D. Shukla, Hetu C. Sheth, Jyotiranjan S. Ray, Raymond A. Duraiswami, Loyc Vanderkluysen, Chandramohan S. Rautela, Jyotirmoy Mallik
- Structural Attributes of Major Faults in Kachchh,Western India: Seismotectonic Implications Mallik, J.; Mathew, G. American Geophysical Union, Fall Meeting 2007, abstract#T32A-01
- Fault related folds: An experimental investigation. European Geoscience Union, Vienna. Malik, J., Mathew, G. and Mukhopadhyay, P. (2006).
- Tectonics of the Samakhiali Basin, eastern Kachchh, Western India. Malik, J., Mathew, G. Tectonics (2008) International conference of the Indian Sub-continent, (TOIS), IIT Bombay, Mumbai, Abstract Volume, 122-123.
- Discrete Fracture Network Modeling for Coal Bed; SPE conference; Kolkata 2012
Published in Conference Proceedings