- Post-Doctoral Research at the Center for Photochemical Sciences, Department of Chemistry, Bowling Green State University, Ohio, U.S.A with Professor Michael Y. Ogawa Topic: Design of functional miniature metalloproteins using principles of de novo peptide design with those of supramolecular co-ordination chemistry
- PhD: Center for Surface Science, Jadavpur University, Kolkata under supervision of Professor Satya Priya Moulik Thesis Title: Solution Behaviours of Several Cationic and Nonionic Surfactants and their Interaction with Polymers
- B.Sc, Chemistry, Jadavpur University
- Amyloid proteins.
- Metal-peptide nanoassemblies.
- de novo peptide design and their interaction with metals to form functional miniature metalloproteins.
- Preparation and physico-chemical characterization of self-organized systems (Micelles, Emulsions, Microemulsions).
- "Insights into the GTP/GDP cycle of RabX3, a Novel GTPase from Entamoeba histolytica with Tandem G-Domains" Mintu Chandra, Madhumita Mukherjee, Vijay Kumar Srivastava, Yumiko Saito-Nakano, Tomoyoshi Nozaki and Sunando Datta, Biochemistry, 2014, 53(7), 1191
- "Micelles of benzethonium chloride undergoes spherical to cylindrical shape transformation: An intrinsic fluorescence and calorimetric approach" Arshad Karumbamkandathil, Subhadip Ghosh, Uttam Anand, Prithwidip Saha, Madhumita Mukherjee* and Saptarshi Mukherjee*, Chem. Phys. Letts., 2014, Vol 593, 115
- Exploring the Self-Assembly of a Short Aromatic Aβ(16-24) Peptide” Uttam Anand and Madhumita Mukherjee, Langmuir, 2013, 29, 2713 (Top 20 most read articles in February 2013)
“Nanometer to Millimeter Scale Peptide Porphyrin Materials” Daniil V. Zaitsev, Fei Xie, Madhumita Mukherjee, , Alexey Bludin, Borries Demeler,Robert M. Breece, David L. Tierney,and Michael Y. Ogawa. Biomacromolecules, 2010, 11 (10), 2602.
“Cd2+ induced conformational change of a synthetic metallopeptide: Slow metal binding is followed by a slower conformational change” Madhumita Mukherjee, Xianchun Zhu and Michael Y. Ogawa. Inorganic Chemistry, 2008, 47, 4430.
“Interaction between sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) and polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP) investigated with forward and reverse component addition protocols employing tensiometric, conductometric, microcalorimetric, electrokinetic and DLS techniques” Madhumita Prasad, R. Palepu and S. P. Moulik. Colloid Polym Sci. 2006, 284, 871.
“Critical Evaluation of Micellization Behavior of Nonionic Surfactant MEGA 10 in Comparison with Ionic Surfactant Tetradecyltriphenylphosphonium Bromide studied by Microcalorimetric Method in Aqueous Medium” Madhumita Prasad, Indranil Chakraborty, Animesh K. Rakshit, Satya P. Moulik. J. Phys. Chem. B, 2006, 110, 9815.
“Metal-binding properties and structural characterization of a self-assemble coiled coil: Formation of a polynuclear Cd-thiolate cluster” Daniil V. Zaytsev, Vasily A. Morozov, Jiufeng Fan, Xianchun Zhu, Madhumita Mukherjee, Shuisong Ni, Michael A. Kennedy, Michael Y. Ogawa. Journal of Inorganic Biochemistry, 2013, Vol 119, 1.
“Alkyl (C10, C12, C14 and C16) Triphenyl Phosphonium Bromide Influenced Cloud Points of Nonionic Surfactants (Triton X 100, Brij 56 and Brij 97) and the Polymer (Polyvinyl methyl ether)” Madhumita Prasad, S. P. Moulik, A. Wardian, S. Moore, A. Bommel, R. Palepu. Colloid Polym Sci. 2005, 283, 887.
“Self-Aggregation of Alkyl (C10-, C12-, C14- and C16-) Triphenyl Phosphonium Bromides and Their 1: 1 Molar Mixtures in Aqueous Medium: A Thermodynamic Study” Madhumita Prasad, S. P. Moulik, Amy MacDonald and R. Palepu. J. Phys. Chem. B. 2004, 108, 355.
“Interfacial adsorption and Micellization Behaviour of Alkaloid Based Chiral Compounds in Aqueous Medium”Kajari Maiti, Madhumita Prasad, Amrita Chatterjee, P. K. Bhattacharya and S. P. Moulik. J. Surface Sci. Technol. 2004, 20, 75.
“Binding of Amino Acids into a Novel Multiresponsive Ferrocene Receptor Having an Ene Backbone” Paromita Debroy, Moloy Banerjee, Madhumita Prasad, Satya P. Moulik and Sujit Roy. Organic Letters 2005, 7, 403.
“Influence of Hydrotropes and Glycols on the Clouding Behavior of Surfactants (TritonX 100 and Brij 56) and Polymers (Polyvinylmethyl Ether and Triblock Co-Polymer, Pluronic 85)” Madhumita Prasad, S. P. Moulik, D. Chisholm and R. Palepu. J. Oleo Sci. (Jpn) 2003, 52, 523.
“Spectral, Fluorescence Quenching, Interfacial Adsorption and Volumetric Properties of Alkyl Triphenyl Phosphonium Bromides in Aqueous Medium” Madhumita Prasad, Amy MacDonald, R. Palepu and S. P. Moulik. J. Surface Sci. Technol. 2003, 19, 125.
“Self-aggregation of Binary Mixtures of Alkyl Triphenyl Phosphonium Bromides: A Critical Assessment in Favor of More than One Kind of Micelle Formation” Madhumita Prasad, R. Palepu, S. P. Moulik. J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2005, 284, 658.
Publications from IISER Bhopal:
Publications from Doctoral and Post-doctoral work: