- Assistant Professor (February 2009-), Physics, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal, India.
- JSPS Post-doctoral fellow, Institute of Laser Engineering, Osaka University, Japan during Oct 2006 – Sep 2008.
- MEXT Post-doctoral fellow, Institute of Laser Engineering, Osaka University, Japan during Dec 2005 – Sep 2006.
- Visiting Fellow (Post-doc), TIFR, Mumbai during Apr-Nov 2005.
- Ph.D. in Condensed Matter Physics from Saurashtra University, Rajkot under the supervision of Prof. D.G. Kuberkar and in major collaboration with Prof. S.K. Malik, TIFR, Mumbai during 2001-2005.
- Terahertz (THz) spectroscopy: THz emission spectroscopy and imaging based on it, and THz-time domain spectroscopy. Low-energy carrier dynamics, polarization switching and ultra-fast depolarization in technological potential multiferroic, manganite and other magnetic oxides.
- Condensed Matter Physics: Structural, Magnetic, transport and thermodynamic properties of strongly correlated electron systems such as multiferroics, ferroelectrics, manganites, cobaltites, etc. Thin films and super-lattice fabrication using pulsed laser deposition (PLD) technique
- “Field-induced abrupt change in magnetization of the manganite compounds (LaR)0.45(CaSr)0.55MnO3 (R = Eu and Tb)” D.S. Rana, D.G. Kuberkar and S.K. Malik Physical Review B 73, 064407 (2006)
- Magnetic Avalanchelike behavior in disordered (Eu0.4La0.1)(Sr0.4Ca0.1)MnO3 D.S. Rana and S.K. Malik Physical Review B 74, 052407 (2006)
- Correlation between magnetoresistance and 1/f-magneto noise behavior of La0.7Sr0.3MnO3 and (La0.5Pr0.2)Ba0.3MnO3 manganite thin films D.S. Rana, M. Ziese and S.K. Malik Physical Review B 74, 094406 (2006)
- Thickness dependence of structure and magnetization of BiFeO3 thin films on (LaAlO3)0.3(Sr2AlTaO6)0.7 (001) substrate D.S. Rana, K. Takahashi, K.R. Mavani, I. Kawayama, H. Murakami, M. Tonouchi, T. Yanagida, H. Tanaka and T. Kawai Physical Review B 75, 60405 (Rapid communication) (2007)
- Structural dependence of terahertz radiation from multiferroic BiFeO3 thin films D.S. Rana, K. Takahashi, K.R. Mavani, I. Kawayama, H. Murakami, M. Tonouchi, Physical Review B 77, 24105(2008)
- Implications of Phase-segregation on the structure, magnetism and THz-emission of multiferroic Bi(Fe1-xMnx)O3 (0≤x≤0.5) thin films D.S. Rana, I. Kawayama, K. Takahashi, K.R. Mavani, H. Murakami, M. Tonouchi, T. Yanagida, H. Tanaka and T. Kawai Europhysics Letters 84, 67016 (2008)
- Probing nature of ultrafast polarization dynamics in the multiferroic BiFeO3 by means of Terahertz emission spectroscopy D.S. Rana, I. Kawayama, K.R. Mavani, K. Takahashi, H. Murakami, M. Tonouchi Advanced Materials 21, 1 (2009)