- Assistant Professor (June 2009-), Physics, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal, India.
- Post Doctoral Fellow (2008- 2009), Department of Physics, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology, Israel.
- Post Doctoral Fellow (2007, Feb- Dec), Institute for Physics, University of Rostock, Germany.
- Visiting Research Scholar ( 2006, Jan – June), Department of Material Science and Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, USA.
- Ph.D (Experimental Condensed Matter Physics), Department of Physics , Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore – 560 012, India.
- Nonlinear Optics: Ultrafast effects in semiconductors, optical control of multi-photon absorption, Electro-optic effects, Generation and modulation of Terahertz radiation, Supercontinuum generation in photonic crystal fibers; Ensembles of interacting solitons; Modulation instability in optical fibers; Soliton lasers.
- Condensed Matter Physics: Nano-structuring in chalcogen / chalcogenide and metal / chalcogenide multilayers; Quantum size effects and tunability of optical parameters in amorphous semiconductors.
The nonlinear optical properties of glasses have recently become the focus of growing scientific and technological interest. In particular, chalcogenide glasses have emerged as promising candidates due to their large optical nonlinearity and sub-picosecond response time. However, they are far from being inducted into a real time application, as they are highly sensitive to bandgap light. Moreover, magnitude of the light induced effects is much larger than any other cumulative effects like thermal nonlinearity. The prime focus of my research group at IISER Bhopal is to explore experimentally the underlying phenomena behind the ultrafast nonlinear optical response of chalcogenide glasses and learn how to control, tailor and enhance them.
Ultrafast light induced unusually broad transient absorption spanning of nearly 200nm in the sub-bandgap region of GeSe2 thin film, A. R. Barik, Mukund Bapna, D. A. Drabold and K.V. Adarsh*, Scientific Reports 4, 4029 (2014).
Role of Ge:As ratio in controlling the light-induced response of a-GexAs35-xSe65 thin films, Pritam Khan, H. Jain and K. V. Adarsh*, Scientific Reports 4, 3686 (2014).
Light induced diffusion driven self assembly of Ag nanoparticles in a-Se/Ag bi-layer thin film with ultrafast optical response, Mukund Bapna, Rituraj Sharma, A. R. Barik, Pritam Khan, Rakesh Ranjan Kumar and K. V. Adarsh*, Appl. Phys. Lett. 102, 213110 (2013).
Crossover from photodarkening to photobleaching in a-GexSe100-x thin films, Rakesh Ranjan Kumar, A. R. Barik, E. M. Vinod, Mukund Bapna, K. S. Sangunni, and K. V. Adarsh*, Opt. Lett. 38, 1682 (2013).
Intensity dependent strong transient photodarkening in visible and far infrared region of As50Se50 thin films, A. R. Barik, Mukund Bapna, Ramakanta Naik, Uday Deshpandey, T. Shripathi and K. V. Adarsh*, Materials Chemistry and Physics 138, 479 (2013)
Unusual observation of fast photodarkening and slow photobleaching in a-GeSe2 thin film, A. R. Barik, Ramakanta Naik, and K. V. Adarsh*, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 377, 172 (2013).
Nanosecond pulse triggered absorption modulation in a-As50Se50 chalcogenide thin films, Mukund Bapna, Amiya Ranjan Barik and K.V. Adarsh*, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 377, 179 (2013).
Time evolution of photo-generated defect states in a-Se thin films, Rituraj Sharma, Pritam Khan, Binu S and K. V. Adarsh*, AIP Conf. Proceedings 1512, 556 (2013).
Nanosecond light induced transient absorption in a-Ge5As30Se65 thin Films, Pritam Khan, Rituraj Sharma and K. V. Adarsh*, AIP Conf. Proceedings 1512, 558 (2013).
Coexsistence of fast photodarkening and slow photobleaching in Ge19As21Se60 thin films, Pritam Khan, A. R. Barik, E. M. Vinod, K. S. Sangunni, H. Jain, and K. V. Adarsh*, Optics Express 20, 12416 (2012).
Photoinduced transparency of effective three-photon absorption coefficient for femtosecond laser pulses in Ge16As29 Se55 thin films, A. R. Barik, K. V. Adarsh*, Ramakanta Naik, C. S. Suchand Sandeep, Reji Philip, Donghui Zhao and Himanshu Jain, Appl. Phys. Lett. 98, 201111 (2011).
Persistent light-induced change in the effective band gap and reversible control over the effective band gap in bulk semiconductor crystals, Sharon Shwartz, K. V. Adarsh, Mordechai Segev, Evgeny Lakin, Emil Zolotoyabko, and Uri El- Hanany, Phys. Rev. B (Rapid comm.) 83, 241201(R) (2011).
Role of rigidity and temperature in the kinetics of photodarkening in GexAs(45-x)Se55 thin films, A. R. Barik, K. V. Adarsh*, Ramakanta Naik, R. Ganesan, G. Yang, D. Zhao Himanshu Jain and K. Shimakawa, Optics Express 19, 13158 (2011).
Kinetics of photodarkening at room and liquid He temperatures in a-As45Se55 thin film, A. R. Barik, K. V. Adarsh*, Ramakanta Naik, R. Ganesan, K. S. Sangunni, Donghui Zhao, and Himanshu Jain, Physica Status Solidi (c) 8, 2770 (2011).
Giant photoinduced optical bleaching at room and liquid helium temperatures in Sb/As2S multilayered films, Ramakanta Naik , K. V. Adarsh, R. Ganesan and K. S. Sangunni and S. Kokenyesi, Optics Communications 284, 5319 (2011).
- Photoinduced interdiffusion in nanolayered Se/As2S3 films: Optical and x-ray photoelectron spectroscopic studies.K.V.Adarsh, K.S.Sangunni, T.Shripathi, S.Kokenyesi and M.ShipljakJournal of Applied Physics, 99, 094301 (2006)
- Three photon absorption and saturation of two photon absorption in amorphous nanolayered Se/As2S3 thin film.K.V.Adarsh, K S Sangunni, Suchand Sandeep C S, Reji Philip, S Kokenyesi and M Shipljak Journal of Applied Physics 102,026102 (2007).
- Self-Organized Supercontinuum Generation from a Nonlinear Fiber Resonator T. Ziems, K. V. Adarsh, M. Boehm, A. Demircan, and F. M. Mitschke, Bragg Gratings, Photosensitivity, and Poling in Glass Waveguides, OSA Technical Digest (Optical Society of America, 2007), paper JWBPDP7
- Kinetics and Chemical Analysis of Photo induced inter diffusion in nanolayered Se/As2S3 films.K.V.Adarsh, K.S. Sangunni, S.Kokenyesi, H. Jain and A. C. Miller Journal of Applied Physics 104, 053501 (2008)
- K. V. Adarsh, S. Shwartz, M. Segev, E. Zolotoyabko, and U. El Hanany, "Light-Induced Reversible Shift and Control of the Bandgap of Bulk CdZnTe:V Crystals," in Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics/International Quantum Electronics Conference, OSA Technical Digest (CD) (Optical Society of America, 2009), paper CMJ5
- Light and heat induced interdiffusion in Sb/ As2S3 nano-multilayed film Ramakanta Naik, R. Ganesan, K.V.Adarsh, K. S. Sangunni and S. Kokenyesi (accepted in Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids)
- In situ pump probe optical absorption studies on Sb/As2S3 nanomultilayered film Ramakanta Naik, R. Ganesan, K.V.Adarsh, K. S. Sangunni and S. Kokenyesi(accepted in Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids)
- X-ray Photoelectron Spectroscopic Studies on Se/As2S3 and Sb/As2S3 nano multilayered film Ramakanta Naik, K.V.Adarsh, K. S. Sangunni, T. Shripathi and S. Kokenyesi(Accepted in Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids).