- Associate Professor October 2015
- Assistant Professor (December 2009- August 2015), Biology, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhopal, India.
- Post doctoral fellow (August 2007 – November 2009) Max Planck Institute of Molecular Cell Biology and genetics, Dresden, Germany with Prof. Marino Zerial.
- Post doctoral fellow (January 2004 – July 2007) Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York, USA with Prof. Richard A. Cerione.
- Ph.D. (August 1997 – September 2003) Molecular Biophysics Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India with Prof. M. Vijayan.
- M.Sc. in Biophysics, Molecular Biology and Genetics. Raja Bazar Science College Calcutta University
- Postdoctoral fellow: Cell biology of cancer metastasis. Exposure to fluorescence microscopy is preferred.
- Junior research fellow: Biophysical and cellular studies on calcium binding protein from Entamoeba histolytica. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vesicular trafficking and Cancer metastasis.
- The monomeric GTPase Rab35 regulates phagocytic cup formation and phagosomal maturation in Entamoeba histolytica. Verma K, Datta S. J Biol Chem. 2017 Jan 26. pii: jbc.M117.775007.
- Role of cysteine residues in the redox-regulated oligomerization and nucleotide binding to EhRabX3. Chandra M, Datta S. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 2016 Jul 30
- In vitro Fluorescent Matrix Degradation Assay for Entamoeba histolytica. Emmanuel, M. and Datta, S. Bio-protocol 2016 6(6): e1769. http://www.bio-protocol.org/e1769 Biophysical studies on calcium and carbohydrate binding to carbohydrate recognition domain of Gal/GalNAc lectin from Entamoeba histolytica: insights into host cell adhesion. Yadav R, Verma K, Chandra M, Mukherjee M, Datta S. J Biochem. 2016 Mar 22.
- Biophysical Studies on Calcium and Carbohydrate Binding to Carbohydrate Recognition Domain of Gal/GalNAc Lectin from Entamoeba histolytica: Insights into Host Cell Adhesion. Yadav R, Verma K, Chandra M, Mukherjee M, Datta S. J Biochem. 2016 Mar 22.
- Deciphering the role of Atg5 in nucleotide dependent interaction of Rab33B with the dimeric complex, Atg5-Atg16L1. Chandra M, Saran R, Datta S. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016 Mar 11.
- Crystal Structure Analysis of Wild Type and Fast Hydrolyzing Mutant of EhRabX3, a Tandem Ras Superfamily GTPase from Entamoeba histolytica. Srivastava VK, Chandra M, Saito-Nakano Y, Nozaki T, Datta S. J Mol Biol. 2015 Nov 10. pii: S0022-2836(15)00624-5. doi: 10.1016/j.jmb.2015.11.003.
- Insights into endosomal maturation of human holo-transferrin in the enteric parasite Entamoeba histolytica: essential roles of Rab7A and Rab5 in biogenesis of giant early endocytic vacuoles Kuldeep Verma, Yumiko Saito-Nakano, Tomoyoshi Nozaki and Sunando Datta Cellular Microbiology, Accepted manuscript online: 11 JUN 2015 03:11AM EST | DOI: 10.1111/cmi.12470
- Small GTPase Rab21 Mediates Fibronectin Induced Actin Reorganization in Entamoeba histolytica: Implications in Pathogen Invasion. Emmanuel M1, Nakano YS2, Nozaki T2, Datta S1. PLoS Pathog. 2015 Mar 2;11(3):e1004666. doi: 10.1371/journal.ppat.1004666. eCollection 2015.
- Molecular insights into rab7-mediated endosomal recruitment of core retromer: deciphering the role of vps26 and vps35. Priya A, Kalaidzidis IV, Kalaidzidis Y, Lambright D, Datta S*. Traffic. 2015 Jan;16(1):68-84. Epub 2014 Dec 1.
- Insights into the GTP/GDP Cycle of RabX3, a Novel GTPase from Entamoeba histolytica with Tandem G-Domains. Chandra M, Mukherjee M, Srivastava VK, Saito-Nakano Y, Nozaki T, Datta S *. Biochemistry. 2014 Feb 25;53(7):1191-205.
- Crystallization and preliminary X-ray analysis of RabX3, a tandem GTPase from Entamoeba histolytica. Kumar Srivastava V, Chandra M and Datta S. *. Acta Crystallogr F Struct Biol Commun. 2014 Jul; 70(Pt 7):933-7. Epub 2014 Jun 18.
- Role of EhRab7A in phagocytosis of type 1 fimbriated E. coli by Entamoeba histolytica. Verma K, Nozaki T, Datta S. Mol Microbiol. 2016 Sep 24.
- New players in the same old game: a system level in silico study to predict type III secretion system and effector proteins in bacterial genomes reveals common themes in T3SS mediated pathogenesis. Sadarangani V1, Datta S*, Arunachalam M. BMC Res Notes. 2013 Jul 26;6:297.
- Identification of the switch in early-to-late endosome transition. Dmitry Poteryaev, Sunando Datta, Katrin Ackema, Marino Zerial and Anne Spang. Cell, 2010 Apr 30;141(3):497-508..(Co- First Author).
- PhD students
- Priyanka Sharma: Understanding the role of vesicular trafficking in breast cancer metastasis
- Rupali Yadav: Structural biology on amoebic virulence factors.
- Aashutosh Tripati: VPS9 domain exchange factors from E. histolytica
- Anil Narroka: DENN domain exchange factors from E. histolytica
- Ebsy jaimon: Study of mechanical properties of breast cancer cells by microfluidics in collaboration with Dr. Ashish Kumar Sen, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Madras
- Sameena Parveen: Role of SNARES in cancer cell invasion
- Jini Sugatha: Proteomics of Snx12
- Junior Research Fellow
- Lekha Vinod Shah: Role of MT2MMP in breast cancer cell invasion
- Postdoctoral Fellow
- Dr. Kuldeep Verma: Rab GTPases in Phagocytosis by E. histolytica
- Dr. Vijay Kumar Srivastava: Structural biology on amoebic virulence factors